Some remodeling projects are a huge investment, but you don’t have to break the bank to transform your space. Even small remodeling projects can make a massive impact.
If you’re remodeling on a budget, consider the following inexpensive remodeling ideas:
In the kitchen
- Gooseneck faucet: Give your kitchen a designer feel by switching out your faucet for a gooseneck faucet. These are elegant and functional, and they don’t require much investment.
- Glass cabinets: Open up your kitchen (and make dishes easier to find) with a few glass cabinets. You don’t have to switch out all the doors, so you can keep any less attractive dishes hidden. A select few glass doors can really transform the look of your cabinetry.
- Custom backsplash: These can easily transform your cooking space and add protection to your walls. Choose from myriad colors and designs, many of which can be made for less than $100.
In the bathroom
- Handles: Switching out the entire vanity or cabinets in the bathroom can be costly. For an inexpensive remodeling idea, consider simply switching out the handles on the vanity. This is easy to do and costs very little, but it can give your cabinets an entirely new look.
- Linens: A nice set of towels and a matching bath mat can really spruce up your bathroom. This doesn’t require any construction skills whatsoever, and you can get a good set for $50 or less.
- Grout: Over time, the grout in your bathroom floor can start looking worse for wear. Fortunately, you don’t have to replace the entire tile floor to renew its appearance. Try a grout renew product, which costs less than $20.
In the dining room
- Molding: Crown molding and a chair rail can take your dining room from blah to beautiful in just a few hours. The moldings add a touch of elegance—without taking out your savings account.
- Lighting: Consider changing up the lighting in your formal dining room to brighten the space or add ambiance. Dimmer switches and some recessed ceiling lights can work wonders without breaking the bank.
- Centerpiece: Tie the room together with a colorful centerpiece that brings in the hues of the walls and window treatments. For as little as $10, you can create a finishing touch that makes all the difference.
In the bedroom
- Headboard: You can create a beautiful headboard for less than $100. This can make the room more inviting and elegant so you feel like you’re staying in a resort, every night.
- Mirror: Make your bedroom feel bigger by adding a large mirror to the wall or to your closet door. Choose an attractive frame to add both beauty and functionality.
- Storage: Consider how you can add storage space to the room. Switch out your plain bed frame for a bed with storage drawers. Add organizers to transform your closet. Install attractive shelves or a bookshelf.
For assistance with big or small remodeling projects, the team at RN Home Improvement & Repair is here to help. Contact us today for more inexpensive remodeling ideas throughout the home. You’ll be amazed at how much we can do with a small budget.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling